Monday, February 12, 2018

6 Romantic Outfit Ideas


While I am still on the mend and have no new outfits to share, I thought I'd look into In The Writer's Closet for romantic date outfit ideas - surely, in almost 4.5 years of blogging I came up with some! They are not necessarily traditional in a Valentine's Day sense, but the beauty of getting to know myself during the years experimenting with my personal style is that I can wear what I feel like, depending on my mood and nothing else. If my mood flows towards the traditionally romantic colors and shapes, I go with it, and if it doesn't, then I don't - as simple as that. So in this post I invite you to see my picks and maybe look into your closet in a new light and discover what kind of unexpected romantic outfits you can create with your clothes. When we don't have any preconceived notion in our heads, we realize that our sense of what is romantic can be quite broad, and it changes from day to day. If we follow our current mood and trust that inner sense of what feels romantic right now, we can come up with fresh outfits and surprise both our romantic partner and also ourselves. 

1. POLKA DOTS

Polka dots are widely recognized as a classic romantic pattern, and rightfully so. But even polka dots vary in mood, so to speak, from elegant classics to a more playful modern update on the theme.

Outfit details: JULY 2014

Outfit details: MARCH 2017, JUNE 2017


2. DARK FLORAL

For a variety and unexpected twist, I chose dark floral prints, quite a bit moodier than traditional pastel pink or red florals.




3. BOLD AND COLORFUL

You know that I love bold colors and prints, so there shouldn't be any surprise that I would choose something like that for my romantic date, whether it's a cozy home dinner or going out with my sweetheart. 

Details: DECEMBER 2016



4. JUMPSUIT

Jumpsuits make a truly sensual and bold statement which makes them a perfect choice for a romantic date in my books!





5. DENIM

I don't wear denim very often, but I too sometimes can't help myself and fall for it. For a romantic date, I would either pick a dress or a skirt, such as my denim dress with a fun detail on the back. But I also see how even an everyday pair of jeans can be dressed up with fun jewelry, combined with romantic lace or sheer items, such as my duster.




6. PINKS AND REDS

And of course, I can always fall back on traditional romantic pink or red dresses, they are classic and never fail. I combined mine with Russian shawls with traditional floral prints and long hand-woven fringes, as they add a touch of romance to any outfit. A floral kimono or a beautiful silk scarf, or a crocheted shawl or cardigan would add a similar charming old world flair.



You can find out about these outfits' details by clicking on the links below the photographs.
What would you wear for a romantic outing?

Linking up with Visible Monday at Patti's.

Happy romancing! :)


22 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely outfits there, Natalia. I especially liked the pink dress and the red floral dress - you look great and so happy. Best wishes, Alli, Canberra Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Alli! These two are very feminine dresses indeed! <3

      Delete
  2. soooo pretty and romantic indeed!!!
    love all of them - because all are so much you! i too have a very own concept what clothes are romantic - it even can be a mountaineer uniform of kniebundhosen and checked shirt in some cases.....
    i should sew me a summery dress with a romantic back detail - love the effect!
    hugest hugses - my dearest! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, lovely Beate! All your outfits are romantic, as you are romantic at heart - not in a teary-eyed fainting lady sort of way, but in a more substantial sense, as an adventurous lifestyle. Romantic can definitely be strong and adventurous!
      I would love to see you in a dress with an open back detail, so many possibilities to explore...
      Lots of love!

      Delete
  3. Very romantic - all are lovely and I esp love the floral dresses. Thanks for linking up, xo

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous round-up. My favourite has to be that denim dress with the cheeky lace up back, that subtle glimpse of back is just so sexy!
    Hope you're feeling better. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hach Natalia, I love every romantic style you show. Flowers, Polkadots you look stunning in every piece.
    Happy romantic and many greetings and big huge from Thailand, Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tina! So lovely to hear from you! Enjoy Thailand! <3

      Delete
  6. Hope you'll feel better soon, Natalia. What a wonderful array of gorgeous outfits, Natalia. It is so hard to choose a favourite, as I have many favourites. That first polka dot dress, for instance, and the dark floral midi dress, enhanced by that romantic setting. Then there the bold print jumpsuit and that divine denim dress with the lace-up back. And of course the red dress at the end. We are not really celebrating Valentine's Day here at Dove Cottage. But we're both true romantics, celebrating our love in many other ways all through the year! Hugest of hugs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann! We also celebrate love in every possible way throughout life, and I think many couples do too, that's why I focused on romantic dates rather than strictly Valentine's Day. :) But there is no reason to not celebrate love just one more extra day a year, when the whole planet think romantic thoughts - I think it's rather beautiful. Lots of love! <3

      Delete
  7. My favourite is the red dress with one of your Russian shawls. That really suits you.
    BTW I had at one time a recipe for a Russian pastry/cookie which looked like a rose, and now I cannot find anything like it. Does that ring a bell? JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that you loved that dress, Jan! It's a classic. Sorry I can't help with a rose pastry, I love cooking, but am not very keen on baking.

      Delete
  8. Dear Natalia, hope you are on the mend .I love you in all of the outfits you have selected but I do have a fondness for polka dots. Enjoy your Valentines Day , however you celebrate .Jill xx






    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear Jill! I adore polka dots, such a playful pattern. Happy Valentine's Day to you too! <3

      Delete
  9. I adore that jumpsuit black and white outfit on the bridge! Not classically romantic but so graphic and playful. I also still love that colouful print in the window, and of course your va va voom pink body con dress! Justin must love that!
    xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear JJ! You are right, Justin loves that dress, but to be honest he loves many styles that I wear, and I don't try to particularly suit his taste - he just appreciates my creativity and ability to be a little different every time.

      I think romantic can be anything, depending what mood we have on a given day! Sea is always romantic to me, so white and blue stripes on the bridge are definitely romantic! Red lips will do the rest. <3

      Delete
  10. I love the dark florals, pink dress, and gorgeous back detail on the denim. It is fun to explore your closet and come up with all these beautiful combinations. Very inspiring! Romantic, too .
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wszystkie Twoje stylizacje są fantastyczne i Ty w nich ślicznie wyglądasz:))trudno wybrać tą najlepszą:)))zawsze masz pięknie zrobione zdjęcia i w bardzo ciekawych miejscach:)))Pozdrawiam serdecznie:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Renia! We love traveling locally.

      Delete